One of the most important ideas in life is that it has a lot of problems. It’s important to have inner mental toughness as we go through life. This mental toughness can be achieved by meditating or reflecting on your own life.
So much of wisdom is knowing the problems you will face and knowing how to help yourself.
What can I do to take care of myself today?
Overall you can take care of yourself by:
- Eat protein(eggs, milk, or yogurt), carbs(fruit or bread) and vegetables
- Sleep and get enough relaxation. I still nap for around 20 mins to 3 hours when tired and find it refreshing.
- When tired, take breaks from work and get your mind from it
- Jog or walk 20 mins a day
Philosophy also has a lot of say about dealing with hardships.
The main ideas are :
- You can’t grow without failure. When you fail, be happy because you were given an opportunity to grow and learn. Try to like and be grateful for the problems we face since they built patience and character.
- Read and find role models who have the character that you admire and want to emulate. Ben Franklin, Abe Lincoln, and pastor Richard Wurmbrand are good examples.
- Understand that everything in life has it’s own season. Remember that human emotions – such as sadness or happiness – are vulnerable to change like the seasons spring, summer, fall, and winter. Change is constant so we have to constantly change.
- Basically all humans have to die. Live your life in a way that you will accept yourself when you lay on your deathbed.
- It’s important not to talk about how we should but live by example.
- Realize that haters don’t hate you at all. They hate themselves and have self-esteem issues due to their own envy, lust, pride, etc. However, when you experience hate from someone it’s best if you can to walk away from this toxic. If you can’t, then that’s a really tough situation to be in. It’s best to forgive it, wait out the feelings, and move on.
- Since we will have to face hate, know that no human is perfect so it’s important to accept and forgive both our sweet flaws and the flaws of others. Otherwise, the quest for vengeance is a hard and soul devouring path to walk.
- You deserve your own love and compassion as much as you share it with anyone else.
- Most people – even those who are already rich and famous such as billionaire Warren Buffet – say that living and practicing the virtues such as kindness, honesty, or patience are the main factors that helped them live a fulfilling and happy life.